Your cooperation is necessary in any emergency, for both the safety of students and staff, and the expedient reunification with your child.
1. Do not telephone the school. Telephone lines may be needed for emergency communication.
2. Do not go to the school, or evacuation site, until notified to do so.
3. In the event of a serious emergency, students will be kept at their schools, or evacuated to an alternate site. Only a responsible adult, who has been identified as such on the emergency card, will be permitted to pick up a student. This card is required to be filled out by parents, kept updated, and turned into the office at the beginning of each school year. Please be sure to consider the following criteria when you authorize another person to pick up your child:
He/She is 18 years of age or older.
He/She is usually home during the day.
He/She could walk to school, if necessary.
He/She is known by your child.
He/She is both aware and able to assume this responsibility.
4. Turn your radio and television to those channels listed on the school calendar, or check the Montville Township website at https://www.montville.net/ for emergency announcements. If students are to be kept at school, the media will be notified.
5. Impress upon your children the need for them to follow directions of any school personnel in times of an emergency.