Parking Rules For Parents
Valley View School
…Where All Children Can Learn!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are sending this letter as a reminder to all parents and guardians to practice safe driving habits at all times when dropping off and picking up our children. We realize that parents and guardians are off to work in the AM or have appointments to make before or after school. Nonetheless, it is critical that all adults be respectful of our driving rules.
Please note that the safety of all is an ever-present priority at Valley View. We expect that drivers follow our school traffic patterns and drop-off and pick-up protocols. Parents and guardians are also requested to follow the signals given by our teachers to stop, move up, or slow down. They are working to keep our children safe.
Your anticipated cooperation is sincerely appreciated. Please be respectful, do not put others in jeopardy and follow these procedures:
FOR PICKUPS ON RAINY OR SNOWY DAYS:
- Allow the buses to drive in first.
- Please do not enter the car lane until all buses have arrived.
- If you arrive early, park in the lot and walk to the school to pick-up your child.
- Our buses are on a schedule; a delay at Valley View will delay pickups at Lazar.
WHEN PICKING UP OR DROPPING OFF PRE SCHOOL CHILDREN:
- Park your car around the circle or in the parking lot.
- Escort your child to the front door for drop-off. Pick-up your child at the front door.
- Give the Pre School vans the right of way when leaving the parking lots.
WHEN PICKING UP OR DROPPING OFF IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL:
- Stop at the stop sign at the entrance to campus.
- Slow down and remember that students, parents, and teachers may be emerging from parked cars.
- Allow the buses access to the drop-off/pick-up lane first.
- Bring your car to a full stop on the drop-off/pick-up line.
- Do not drop off your child anywhere around the circle up to the gym door and then dart past the cars in front of your car.
- Never park opposite the main entrance and send your child across the road by himself/herself.
- Escort your child through the crossing lane with the assistance of the teacher on duty.
- At dismissal time, tell your children to wait behind the Panda Pride line until your car comes to a full stop in the pick-up line. Then they may walk to your car.
- At dismissal time all K – 5 parents should pick up in front of the building.
- If you choose to park your car in the parking lot to pick up your child from the front of the building, plan to cross at the crosswalk. Escort your child from the cross walk to the car.
- Do not talk on cell phones and jeopardize becoming distracted when you and other students and parents are walking across the crosswalk.
- Do not allow your children to run ahead and enter the crosswalk without your supervision.
- Do not park on the street by Patriot's Park and try to diagonally cross yourself or your children.
- Follow the traffic directions of the attending teachers.
FOR ALL PARENTS VISITING THE SCHOOL DURING THE DAY FOR ANY REASON:
- Never park along the yellow curb in front of the building – this is a fire lane.
The Montville Township Police observes and monitors our traffic patterns for the safety of all.