DO NOT SHARE YOUR PARENT ACCESS PASSWORD WITH YOUR CHILDREN
What is Parent Access?Parent Access is a component of our student information system, which allows us to provide you with a safe and secure way to view academic information about your child via the Internet. Depending on your child’s grade level you will have access to some or all of the following information:
- Your child’s schedule, daily attendance record, and class attendance
- Your child's marking period, mid-term exam, final exam and final grades
- Your child’s report cards
- Your child's teacher's gradebook grades
- Electronically sign forms such as permission to use Google Apps.
- Your Contact information, which you have the ability to change and delete
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers - Work & Home
- Cell phone numbers including the carrier (such as Verizon)
- Emergency contacts in case we can't reach you in an emergency
- Numbers and email addresses to be notified on by SchoolMessenger our Emergency Alert System
How do students access their grades?
- All students in grades 6 - 12 have their own access accounts. Because of this there is no need to let them use your account or give them your password
- Student accounts do NOT have the ability to delete contact information or sign forms electronically, but they can see everything else the parent account can
- The login ID is the same one used at school to access the computers along with montiville.net added to the end. email@example.com. The number represents the year of graduation
- The password is the same one used at school to access the computers, Google Apps and Schoolwires
- Click HERE for information for students to access their accounts
How do I maintain my contact information with the district in Parent Access?
- All contact information for parents, emergency contacts, and your Children's doctor is maintained through parent access
- Beginning in the 2014-2015 school year emergency cards will no longer be sent home each September to be filled out. Parents will keep all information up to date in Parent access
- All information for the Emergency Alert System - SchoolMessenger will be extracted from the Parent Access Portal
- Click here for contact management instructions
How can I be notified anytime a document, form, letter, or grade is posted in Parent Access for my child?
- Parents can receive emails or text messages automatically for the following actions
- A new form has been posted for you (Messages)
- A new Document has been posted for you (Messages)
- A grade has been updated in a teachers gradebook (Gradebook grades)
- A letter has been generated for one of your children (Letters)
- A discipline Incident has been entered (Discipline Incidents)
- In order to get a text message you must have your cell phone number entered on the contact page along with your cell phone provider
- To set up alerts from within your Parent Access account
- Click on the Home tab in Parent Access
- Click Message alert setup
- Choose which alerts you wish to receive along with the phone number or email address to receive them on
- It is recommended you also have your letters alert on in case anything is sent to you regarding your children
- Click Save Alert Preferences
- NOTE: This is not the same as receiving alerts for school closings from School Messenger
How do I register for Parent Access?
Parents are set up for parent access when they register their child for school the first time. If you do not think you have a parent access account, or want to set up a second account for your spouse send an e-mail from an account we have on file that you wish to register with to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Please note: In order to ensure that your child's information remains secure, we will verify the identity of anyone requesting a Parent Access user account for your child. Therefore, we will only respond to requests by contacting you at a phone number or e-mail address that is already listed in your child's student record.
- Your name
- Your child or children's first and last name
- A phone number we have on file to call you back in case we have a question
How do I use Parent Access?You can learn to use parent access by reading through the manual provided by Genesis. To access the manual click here.
I forgot my password, now what?If you forget your password please use the "Forgot My Password" link on the Parent Access login screen. If you continue to have issues signing in please e-mail email@example.com or call the Parent Access Hotline at 973-331-7100 x2699. If you call please leave your name spell your email address, and give a call back number.If your account has been locked out resetting your password will not unlock your account. Forward the message you received that your account is locked to firstname.lastname@example.org.