New Student RegistrationMontville Township Public Schools utilizes online registration for all new students in grades K-12. Before entering registration data online parents should review the instructions by CLICKING HERE.Be sure to fill out all requested information including at least one emergency contact and your child's doctor.
If your child has ever been enrolled with the Montville Township Public Schools you do not need to complete online registration. You should instead contact your local school for more information.As per Policy 5112
- Students are eligible for entrance into kindergarten in September if he or she attains the age of five years on or before October 1 of that year.
- Students are eligible for entrance into first grade in September if he or she attains the age of six years on or before October 1 of that year.
Once you have entered your information and submitted your data, call your designated school for an appointment to come in and complete the registration process.
Montville High School (grades 9 – 12)
Lazar Middle School (grades 6 – 8)
Cedar Hill Elementary School
Hilldale Elementary School
Valley View Elementary School
William Mason Elementary School
Woodmont Elementary School
FIRST TIME KINDERGARTEN STUDENTSSchools conduct screenings in the spring for all first time Kindergarten students that have registered. The screening is a series of activities that give the teachers an indication of the developmental level of each child. The screening lasts about one hour. Your child has his/her picture taken, meets each of the kindergarten teachers, speaks with them, and does a few simple tasks. No preparation is necessary. It is NOT a test.Parents of eligible students MUST furnish the following information when they come in for their appointment:
- An original birth certificate with raised seal (Will be copied and returned)
- Your child's previous school must send a transfer card if they are coming from another NJ public school
- Copy of your child's latest report card and standardized tests
- Copy of your child's official transcript - Grades 10, 11, 12
- Athletic form - Required by all students in grades 9 - 12 (click here to download the form)
- If your child presently has an IEP or is receiving Basic Skills instruction please bring a copy of that documentation
- Proof of Immunizations: Click here to see the Minimum Immunizations requirements for school attendance in NJ
- Student Physical: (Click here for the Student Physical Examination Form for your Physician)
- Language Survey (Click here to download the form)
- Student health questionnaire - (click here to download the form)
- Parent questionnaire - Kindergarten students only (click here to download the form)
Please do not register your child without first reading the entire instruction package.You MUST enter at least 1 emergency contact and a doctor when registering.
Proofs of residency (2 from Column A and 2 from Column B)
Column A (2 required)
Column B (2 required)
Property Tax Bill
Contract of Sale
Form 114: Certification of Residency
The following special residency forms can be downloaded: (as required)