Join us in supporting our very own Ms. Kao who competed on Wheel of Fortune!
Tune in Thursday, November 8th, at 7:30pm on ABC.
Halloween festivities will be held at Cedar Hill on Wednesday, October 31st, 2018. To insure that the day's events run smoothly, please read the following details carefully.
- Children in Grades 1-5 should arrive at school with their costume in a bag. They will dress for the afternoon fesitivies later in the day.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten students should arrive to school in costume.
- Please practice safety when selecting your child's costume for the day. Costumes should not be cumbersome, difficult to move about in, nor obstruct vision.
- Sharp objects or ANYTHING that resembles a weapon may NOT be used!
- On Wednesday, October 31st, 2018, Miss Katie's AM Preschool class will parade in the cafeteria (parents invited). The parade will start at 9:30 AM. Class party to follow. Ms. Petrullo's Pre-K class will have a combined party with Miss. Katie. ONLY official class parents may attend the party.
- The parade for ALL STUDENTS, Grades Pre-k (PM) and K-5, will be held outside (weather permitting) and begin promptly at 1:15 PM. Parents may line the official parade route and watch as the school marches (in front of the school and down the sidewalk by the "little playground").
- If the weather is inclement, the parade will be CANCELLED. Individual class parties will be held in their respective classrooms starting at 1:30 PM. ONLY official class parents may attend parties.
- Parents wearing masks or make-up that would hinder the staff's ability to identify them will be asked to leave the premises (i.e. clown make-up and/or masks)
We greatly appreciate your cooperation!
To kick off the "Cedar Hill Souper Bowl Contest" WDHA (105.5) will be broadcasting LIVE on Friday October 12th, from the Cedar Hill Lower Parking Lot! Make sure to tune into 105.5 fm around 7:30 AM!
The Cedar Hill Student Council will be working with the Community Food Bank of New Jersey on an exciting program called, Students Change Hunger! Have students bring in non-perishable food items! All the food collected at Cedar Hill will be donated to the Montville Food Pantry.
Congratulations to our Teachers of the Year!
Congratulations to the 2017 - 2018 Teachers of the Year! Andrea Petrullo was nominated Teacher of the Year and Stephanie Perillo-Gentile received the Governor's Educator of the Year award. Thank you both for your service and dedication to our students!
Weird Hair Day!
Wednesday, November 22
Fun was had by all at this year's Weird Hair Day competition. Students who participated were asked to bring in food donations for the Montville Food Pantry to help those who are less fortunate. Here are some pictures from the contest which was held in the gym.
Veterans Day Celebration
On Friday, November 3rd, Cedar Hill Staff and Students welcomed local Veterans to honor and thank them for their service. The Veterans visited students in their classrooms where they held Q & A sessions, and everyone attended a school wide assembly where students sang and performed patriotic songs for the Veterans.
Nurse DiCola's new Seeing Eye puppy in training, Griffey, is now 2 months old!