CHROMEBOOK TIPS & Mouse/ Touchpad PRACTICE
- Find Apps for Your Chromebook - Apps work like regular programs for computers, except they run in the Chrome browser. Apps are easy to add to your Chromebook, and they keep your Chromebook running fast and your files safe. Here are a few apps that you can use for common tasks.
- Online Tools for Common Tasks with Chromebooks - Here are a few suggestions for web apps that you can find in the Google Chrome Web Store or that simply work directly in your browser without the need of an app. These work in the Chrome browser, on a desktop or laptop, and of course they work on Chromebooks.
- Mouse Tutorial - Using a mouse can be a huge barrier to new computer users. That’s where this mouse tutorial comes in. There are no technical explanations or boring drills. Instead, learners build proficiency with the mouse by playing through a series of mini-games. Part V and Part VI are great for Drag & Drop practice!
- Touchpad Shortcuts - This screenshot from Google explains how to use the touchpad, including how to right-click on objects & how to drag/drop and resize them. Take a look!
Touchpad Practice - Getting the hang of manipulating the Chromebook's touchpad can be tricky, especially if you're dragging and dropping or resizing objects. Here are some sites that will help:
- Internet for Classrooms: Mouse Skills - many fun games for young learners!
- Bubble Pop - practice mouse-clicking skills by popping the bubbles as fast as you can!
- Hide & Seek with Zoomer - click on the numbers to find Zoomer the Cat! Mouse practice for K-1.
- Feed the Monster - drag & drop to feed the friendly monster!
- Six Playful Shops - and a Zoo! - lots of fun drag & drop practice...you can even design your own zoo!
Minimouse - this site has many games to practice clicking & moving objects with the mouse or mousepad. There is also an element of reasoning built into most games. Click on each individual game to see what skills are being reinforced. The one negative side is the banner ads...just ignore them and DON'T click on them!
Mrs. T's Technology Emporium - lots of fun activities to help with using a mouse or touchpad, from beginner to advanced users!
Color Sort - This color game for kindergarten helps young kids learn how to sort orange, blue, red, green and yellow objects. The game has audio instructions and fun animations and sound to keep learning fun.
Owlie Boo - Really cute & easy activities for anyone just getting introduced to the computer, mouse, or touchpad! Touching keys, moving the mouse, and drag-and-drop activities! Some of my favorite for dragging & dropping are below!
- Drag the Shapes & Release the Animals!
- Take the Little Animals Home
- Drag & Drop Stickers - Make an Animal Scene