Tuesday, May 3, 2022, eleven Montville Township High School student athletes participated in the school’s Student Athlete Recognition Day 2022. Each of the eleven confirmed their commitment to play Division III collegiate sports during the 2022-2023 season.
Following the MTHS dismissal bell, as teams assembled inside and out, for both home and away games, the Mustang’s main gymnasium buzzed with excitement. Coaches, administrators, parents, families, and friends gathered to celebrate the school’s outstanding athletes who have committed to play next year for their colleges and universities.
Though brief, the ceremony was vibrant. Photos were taken, congratulations were acknowledged, and students and families displayed their collegiate swag while sharing best wishes for each other.
The following members of the Montville Township High School Class of 2022 will play for Division III teams next season:
- Justin Ciliotta, Stevens Institute of Technology, Wrestling
- Robert George, Ithaca College, Track & Field
- Derek Giordano, Ursinus College, Wrestling
- Aaron Kurzer, Rutgers University, Wrestling
- Khalid Kwaik, New Jersey City University, Soccer
- Brian Lovaglio, The College of New Jersey, Baseball
- Isabella Mangano, Stevens Institute of Technology, Lacrosse
- Gina Marotta, Stockton University, Lacrosse
- Anthony Monetti, New Jersey City University, Wrestling
- Ryan Nieskens, Ithaca College, Baseball
- Chase Unice, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Lacrosse
The MTHS Class of 2022 graduates on Thursday, June 23 at 7:00 p.m. The ceremony will be held on the Mustang Field in the MTHS Stadium at 100 Horseneck Road, Montville, NJ. In the event of rain, the ceremony will be moved indoors.