READ TO SUCCEED
Hilldale School will be participating in the "Read to Succeed" reading incentive program for the sixth year in a row! Mr. Jones and Mrs. Weber will be employing the help of the Student Council to get the word out. The reading incentive program is completely voluntary, but we are encouraging all students to participate. Students can either read on their own, or have books read to them. Read to Succeed forms MUST be handed in by Monday, February 26, 2018.
A quick summary of the Read to Succeed program is below:
* This is an individual contest. Last year, we had 130 students participate, so we're looking for even more readers this year!
* Students must complete 6 hours of recreational reading at home by February 26, 2018. The Reading Log was sent home on November 29, so students have 88 days to read six hours...that comes to about 4 minutes per night - everyone can do that!
* Log the date, book title, time, and have parents initial the Student Reading Log each time you read at home.
* Once students have completed 6 hours of reading, they must have a parent sign at the bottom and return it to school by February 26.
* Participating students will receive 1 free ticket to Six Flags Great Adventure for the summer of 2018.
* Read the Parent Letter that was sent home on 11/29/17 for more information.
Updated as of 1/16/18
Let's try to beat 2017's total of 130 students!