Avoid the Summer Slide!
Many students think of summer as a time to forget about school and all of the academic skills that go along with it for a couple of months. Unfortunately, many studies have shown that children who don't read books or review their academic skills over the summer often fall behind their peers who do. Here are some ways to avoid the summer slide!
1. Get a library card from the Montville Library and check out a ton of cool books!
2. Check out these BOOK LISTS for some awesome book suggestions for all ages!
3. For grades K-5, go to the kickoff for Montville Library's Summer Reading Contest , then join the program to earn awesome prizes and rewards!
4. For grades 5 & up, go to the kickoff for Montville Library's Teen Summer Reading Contest , then join the program to earn awesome prizes and rewards!
5. Sign up for Scholastic's Summer Reading Challenge to earn cool rewards online, and to try to read for a new world record!
6. Visit this awesome collection of websites that I put together, perfect for summer!
7. Click on the following links to learn more about the Summer Slide and how your child can avoid it!
Email Mr. Jones with any questions!