Montville Township Public School District Invites applications for the
Integrated Preschool Program 2022 - 2023
Children with and without special needs will be educated together in an innovative, child-centered program designed to promote the academic, social, emotional and language development of every child. The program will consist of
5 half day AM sessions per week for 3 year olds and
5 half day PM sessions per week for 4 year olds.
Key program components include:
- Research based instruction and materials, which are aligned with the NJ Department of Education’s guidelines for high-quality early childhood education and designed to ensure students are prepared to successfully transition into kindergarten.
- Class lessons facilitated by a certified Speech and Language Specialist to enhance language development.
- Class lessons facilitated by an Occupational and Physical Therapist to enhance fine and gross motor development.
- Weekly instruction in art, music, and media taught by certificated faculty members.
- Ongoing involvement in school-wide events including school assemblies, special programs, theme days, and field trips.
Enrollment is open to a limited number of typical preschool children who will be selected via a lottery process. A preschool readiness screening will be administered to all applicants. In order to be eligible, children must be at least 3 years of age, but less than 5 years of age, on or before
October 1st. All children must be toilet trained to enter the program. Parents are responsible for paying tuition to the Board of Education at a rate of $500.00 per month for ten months. Limited transportation is available at a rate of $250.00 per year (one way) and $500.00 per year (round trip).
Where to Apply
Applications for the program are available at the Montville Township Board of Education Department of Special Services and online at http://www.montville.net.
Completed applications, a copy of your child’s birth certificate, and a driver’s license must be returned to the
Board of Education Office / Department of Special Services, 86 River Road, Montville, NJ 07045.
Do not register your child online until he/she has been accepted to the program.
Applications submitted after March 11, 2022 will be placed on a waiting list.
Parents will be notified of preschool screening date/time via e-mail.
Written notification of program acceptance will be mailed.