As we emerge from the pandemic, protocols that have been in place for the past two years have been relaxed. Recently, the New Jersey Department of Health has updated their COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for K-12 Schools. The Montville Township Public Schools (MTPS) website has the most up-to-date information for you to review but, in general, schools will be returning to pre-pandemic norms. To summarize some of the more prominent protocols:
- Wearing masks in school will be optional on a daily basis
- Masks will only be mandatory upon returning to school after a positive case on days 6-10
- Test-to-stay option is no longer required for close contacts
- Students will be sitting, collaborating, and playing together as in pre-Covid years
- Schools will continue to be disinfected on a daily basis
- Ventilation units in classrooms will continue to exchange outside air through proper filters
If a child tests positive for Covid, they will have to remain home for at least five (5) full days after the onset of symptoms or, if asymptomatic, after the positive test. For more details please refer to the MTPS website above. If you have specific questions or concerns regarding your child, please reach out to your school’s principal or nurse.