PICK UP/DROP OFF PROCEDURES
Below are the morning drop-off and afternoon pick up procedures. Your cooperation will help us have a smooth, efficient and safe start to school.
Drop-off takes place between 7:55 and 8:10 AM.
All children will enter the school through the main entrance. Cars are expected to drive up the driveway and pul all the way forward to drop off their children. A teacher will be on duty at the curb to greet students and direct them to the main entrance. Please know that once inside the building, children are supervised and directed to their classroom locations.
Please note that for the safety of our children please adhere to the following when dropping off/picking up your child on the car line:
- Children may only enter and exit vehicles curbside. Please move car or booster seats if necessary.
- Adults may not leave vehicles for any reason. Staff members will assist children when appropriate.
- Vehicles may not at any time be left unattended.
- The first car of the line must proceed all the way to the end where the staff member is standing. You may not stop and drop off your child in front of the school.
- Please do not engage staff in conversations about your child; please do so by contacting them by phone or email.
- Staff members are not permitted to remove or place your child in their car/booster seat. If a child needs to be placed in or removed from a seat, then you must park.
SCHOOL DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
The only options for dismissal are: pick-up/car line, walkers, after school program (MEDLC) or bus.
Car Line - Children who are picked up on the car line will be dismissed from the gym door at 2:45PM. Parents may not park or exit their vehicles.
Bus - Children who ride the bus will be placed on the appropriate bus by their teacher.
Walker (Students who walk to the bottom of the hill) - Students who walk will exit the building at 2:45PM from the lower door and will follow the path to the bottom of the hill.
MEDLC - Students attending MEDLC will be called to the art room to meet their after school teacher.
DISMISSAL SCHEDULE AND SCHEDULE CHANGES
Usual Dismissal Method - To support our goal of a safe and secure dismissal for our students, parents must complete the Student Dismissal Consent for each child, indicating his/her usual dismissal routine by the first day of school.
Temporary Change Known in Advance - If your child's schedule changes for the day and you know in advance, please submit a note to your child's teacher. This would include your child leaving another parent. If you send an email to the teacher, please cc: Irene Repola at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to call the office, please do so before 2:00 PM to assure the teacher is notified.
Please know that our first priority as a community is to provide a safe, accountable and orderly dismissal process.