LAZAR SPECIAL NOTE
Safety is a major concern at Lazar and it is important that we have procedures that ensure every child is accounted for at dismissal. All students that are riding the bus will follow the departure rules that have been part of our dismissal plans for many years. Students considered to be walkers (no assigned bus) will follow the procedure listed below. Please have patience and understanding with these guidelines as we want to create the safest, most efficient way to care for your children.
All students that are designated as “regular walkers” (no bus assigned) will be escorted to Changebridge Road where they will be crossed and dismissed. These students do not require daily dismissal notes. All other students, those assigned a bus but not riding, being picked up at the Youth Recreation Center after school must abide by the rules listed below.
It is highly recommended that if your child is entitled to busing, he/she rides to and from school on the school bus as congestion is a problem in the morning on Changebridge Road. At times it may be necessary to be picked up from school. Please adhere to the following procedures if the student is being picked up from school by a parent/guardian:
- Students must provide a parent note (Lazar School Note) to their homeroom teacher the morning of an after school parent pick up. The Lazar School Note is available on the website and is to be used for ALL Dismissals.
- Parent notes are required for early dismissal or after school pick-up, each time a student is picked up.
Any parent or guardian who needs to change dismissal procedures due to unforeseen circumstances must call the Main Office AND email the signed Lazar School Note.
- Notes must be turned in during homeroom. FAXED NOTES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Parents who need to pick up their children after school need to provide a crosser note to the Youth Recreation Center as parking in Lazar lots is not available. Children will be escorted to Changebridge Road where they will be crossed and dismissed. Pick-up is at the Rec Center – NOT at Lazar.
- A separate note is needed for each occurrence of parent pick-up. EXAMPLE: Students who normally ride a bus home but are going to the Youth Recreation Center after school must submit a parent note to the office, each day in homeroom, or they will be placed on their designated bus home.
- Cars are not permitted to park or stand in the “Car Lane” from 7:45am to 8:45am. The “Car Lane” functions as a drop-off lane during these hours.
- Bus Lanes are utilized for bus traffic only while school is in session and children are present.
- Students are only permitted to ride their assigned bus – no exceptions.
If it is imperative to remove a child from school for a family matter, prior written notification is required.
Early dismissal is discouraged. However, if it is necessary for a student to leave school early, a Lazar School Note is required for the student to leave school early.
The early dismissal note must:
- be presented when attendance is taken in homeroom
- give the student’s full name (legibly printed)
- state the reason for the early dismissal
- give time of departure
- indicate name of person picking up and relationship to child (aunt, grandfather, etc.) Identification is required
- contain signature of parent/guardian
- FAXED NOTES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- THE STUDENT IS TO REPORT TO THE LOBBY DESK AT THE SCHEDULED DISMISSAL TIME.
- The person picking up must sign the student out in the early dismissal book provided in the front lobby area.
- State law requires that students must be present for a minimum of 4 hours to accrue credit for a full school day. In order for a student to receive full credit for the day, they must be in school for a minimum of four (4) hours of instructional time. In order for a student to participate in school evening activities, the student must have received full credit for that day.